Probationary Officers in all India basis.
No. of posts : 201
Minimum Educational Qualification
as on 31.12.2016 – X / SSLC : 60% and above, XII / HSC E: 60 % and above, Graduation, : Pass in Graduation under 10+2+3/4 regular course with ‘ 60% and above.
Candidate should have passed graduation under 10+2+3/4 regular course from a recognized University or Institute recognized by the Govt, of India.
If Grade / CGPA is awarded instead of marks, only candidates securing UGPA / Grade equivalent to 60% or more may apply. Equivalent percentage should be mentioned!! the time of application. Those who have scow less than 60% marks will not be eligible for applying. Rounding off to the nearest integer is not allowed, (for e.g. 59.99% cannot be rounded off to 60%).
25 years as on 31.12.2016. Candidate should be born on or after 01.01.1992 and on or before 31.12.1996.
Upper age limit will be relaxed by 5 years in the case of SC / ST candidates.
3 years of age relaxation for candidates having minimum 2 years of experience as Clerk/ Officer in Scheduled Commercial Banks (Public Sector/ Private Sector).
Probation, Pay, Posting
The period of probation is 2 years. Confirmation will be subject to satisfactory performance during probation.
IBA approved pay scale of Rs. 23700 – 42020 plus DA* HRA & other allowances. Eligible for performance linked incentive applicable to Scale I officers as per the scheme in vogue.
Posting Location can be anywhere in India at the sole discretion of the Bank. Postings will be done on a zonal basis as per the policies and practices followed by the Bank from time to time. Officers posted to one particular <!one will have to serve there for a minimum stipulated period.
Selection procedure – Online Test, Group Discussion and Personal Interview > The final selection shall be made on the basis of Personal Interview. State-wise-Online Test Centers –
1. Assam – Guwahati
2. Bihar – Patna
3. Jharkhand – Jamshedpur, Ranchi
4. Meghalaya – Shillong
5. Mizoram – Alzawl
6. Odlsha – Bhubaneshwar, Cuttack
7. Sikkim – Gangtok M.
8. West Bengal – Bardhaman, Durgapur, Greater Kolkata, Howrahi Kolkata, Slliguri. BIOMETRIC DATA – Capturing and Verification -South Indian Bank authorities will capture the biometric d&ta (thumb impression) and the photograph of the candidates on the day of the Examination .The biometflc data and photograph will be verified subsequently. Decision of the Biometric data verification of authority with regard to its status (matched or mismatched) shall be final and binding upon the candidates.
Candidates are advised to take care of the following points in order to ensure a smooth process.
– If fingers are coated (stamped ink/mehndi/ coloured etc), ensure to thoroughly wash them so that coating is completely removed before the exam.
– If fingers are dirty or dusty, ensure to wash them and dry them before the finger print (biometric) is captured.
– Ensure fingers of both hands are dry. If fingers are moist, wipe each finger to dry them.
– If the primary finger (thumb) to be captured is injured/ damaged, immediately notify the concerned authority in the test centre. In such cases impression of other fingers, toes etc may be captured.
General Category – Rs. 700/-
SC / ST category – Rs. – 150/-
DOWNLOAD OF CALL LETTER
Candidates will have f to visit the Bank’s website ‘www.southindianbank.com’ for downloading call letters for online test. Intimation for downloading call letter will also be sent through email/SMS. Once the candidate clicks the relevant link, he/ she can access the window for call letter download.
The candidate is required to use (i) Registration Number/Roll Number, (II) Password/Dale of Birth for downloading the call letter. Candidate needs to affix recent recognizable photograph on the call letter preferably the same as provided during registration and appear at the examination centre with (1) Call Letter (ii) Photo Identity Proof as stipulated in clause (xii) below and also specified in the call letter and photocopy of the same Photo Identity Proof as brought in original.
In the examination hall as well as at the time of Interview, the call letter along with origin#! and a photocopy of the candidate’s currently valid photo identity (bearing exactly the same name as It appears on the call letter) such as PAN Card / Passport / Driving Licence / Voter’s Card / Bank Passbook with photograph / Photo identity proof Issued by a Gazzetted Officer on official letterhead along with photograph / Photo identity proof issued by a People’s Representative on official letterhead along with photograph / valid recent Identity Card Issued by a recognized College / University / Aadhar card / E-Aadhar Card with a photograph Employee ID / Bar Council Identity Card with photograph should be submitted to the invigilator for verification. The candidate’s identity will be verified with respect to his/her details on the call letter, in the Attendance List and requisite documents submitted.
Ration Card is not a valid id proof for this project.
Application procedure – Only online mode.
Before applying online, candidates should –
(I). Scan their photograph and signature ensuring that both the photograph and signature adhere to the required specifications as given under Guideline for photograph & signature scan and upload.
(II). Have a valid personal email ID and mobile no., which should be kept active till the completion of this Recruitment Process. Bank may send intimation to download call letters for the Examination etc. through the registered e-mail ID. In case
candidate does not have a valid personal e-mail ID, he/she should create his/her new e-mail ID and mobile no. before applying on-line and must maintain that email account and mobile number.
Application Procedure –
Candidates to go to the Bank’s website www.9outhindianbank.com click on the option “APPLY ONLINE” which will open a new screen.
To register application, choose the tab “Click here for New Registration’ and enter Name, Contact details and Email-id. A Provisional Registration Number and Password will be generated by the system and displayed on the screen. Candidate should note down the Provisional Registration Number and Password. An Email & SMS indicating the Provisional Registration number and Password will also be sent.
3. In case the candidate is unable to complete the application
form in one go, he / she can save the data already entered by choosing “SAVE AND NEXT” tab. Prior to submission of the online application candidates are advised to use the “SAVE AND NEXT” facility to verify the details in the onlirje application form and modify the same if required. Visually Impaired candidates should fill the application form carefully and verify/ get the details verified to ensure that the same are correct prior to final submission. j
4. Candidates pre advised to carefully fill and verify the details filled in the online application themselves as no change will be possible/ entertained after clicking the FINAL SUBMIT BUTTON.
5. The Name of the candidate or his /her Father/ Husband etc. should be spelt correctly in the application as it appears in the Certificates/ Mark sheets/identity proof. Any change/alteration found may disqualify the candidature.
6. Validate your details and Save your application by clicking the ‘Validate your details’ and ‘Save & Next’ button.
7. Candidates can proceed to upload Photo & Signature as per the specifications given in the Guidelines for Scanning and Upload of Photograph and Signature detailed under point “C”.
8. Candidates can proceed to fill other details of the Application Form.
9. Click on the Preview Tab to preview and verify the entire application form before FINAL SUBMIT.
10. Modify details, if required, and click on ‘FINAL SUBMIT’ ONLY after verifying and ensuring that the photograph, signature uploaded and other details filled by you are correct.
11. Click on Payment’ Tab and proceed for payment..
12. Click on ‘Submit1 button.
Payment of Fees -ONLNE MODE
1. The application form is integrated with the payment gateway and the payment process can be completed by following the Instructions.
2. The payment can be made by using Debit Cards (RuPay / Visa / MasterCard / Maestro), Credit Cards, Internet Banking, IMPS, Cash Cards / Mobile Wallets.
3. After submitting your payment Information in the online application form, PLEASE WAIT FOR THE INTIMATION FROM THE SERVER. DO NOT PRESS BACK OR REFRESH BUTTON IN ORDER TO AVOID DOUBLE CHARGE.
4. On successful completion of the transaction, an e-Receipt will be generated.
5. Non-generation of ‘E-Receipt indicates PAYMENT FAILURE. On failure of payment, Candidates are advised to login again Using their Provisional Registration Number and Password and repeat the process of payment.
6. Candidates are required to take a printout of the e-Receipt and online Application Form. Please note that if the same cannot be generated, online transaction may not have been successful.
7. For Credit Card users: All charges are listed In Indian Rupee. If you use a non-Indian credit card, your bank will convert to your local currency based on prevailing exchange rates.
8. To ensure the security of your data, please close the browser window once your transaction is completed.
9. There is facility to print application form containing fee details after payment of fees. Guidelines for scanning and Upload’of Photograph (4.5 cm x 3.5 cm) & Signature –
Before applying online a candidate will be required to have a scanned (digital) image of his/ her photograph and signature as per the specifications given below.
– Photograph must be a recent passport style colour picture.
– Make sure that the picture is in colour, taken against a light-coloured, preferably white background.
– Look straight at the camera with a relaxed face.
– If the picture is taken on a sunny day, have the sun behind you, or place yourself in the shade, so that you are not squinting and there are no harsh shadows.
– If you have to use flash; ensure there’s no “redeye”.
– If you wear glasses make sure that there are no reflections and your eyes can be clearly seen.
– Caps, hats and dark glasses are not acceptable. Religious head wear is allowed but it must not cover- your face.
– dimensions 200 x’ 230 pixels (preferred).
– Size of file should be between 20kb and 50 kb.
– Ensure that the size of the scanned image is not more than 50kb. lf the size of the file is more than 50 kb, then adjust the setting of the scanner such as the DPI resolution, no. of colours etc., during the process of scanning.
– the applicant has to sign on white paper with Black Ink pen.
– The signature must be signed only by the applicant and not by any other person.
– The signature will used in the Attendance sheet and wherever necessary.
-The applicant’s signature obtained on the call letter and attendance sheet at the time of the examination should match the uploaded signature. In case of mismatch, the applicant may be disqualified.
– Dimensions 140 x 60 pixels (preferred).
– Size of file should be between 10kb – 20kb.
– Ensure that the Size of the scanned image is not more than 20kb.
– Signature in CAPITAL LETTERS shall NOT be accepted,
Scanning the photograph & signature :
– Set the scanner resolution to a minimum’of 200 dpi (dots per inch).
– Set Color to True Color.
– File Size as specified above.
– Crop the image in the scanner to the edge of the photograph/signature, then use the upload editor tp crop the image to the final size (as specified above). .
– The image fife should be JPG or JPEG fO.rmat. An example file name is: image01.jpg or image01 .jpeg Image dimensions can be checked by listing the folder files or moving the mouse over the file image icon.
r Candidates using MS, Windows/MSOffice can easily obtain photo and signature’m .jpeg format not exceeding 50kb & 20kb respectively by using MS Paint or MSOffice Picture Manager. Scanned photograph and signature in any form|t can be saved in .jpg format by using !Save As’ option in the File menu and size can be, reduced below 50 kb (photograph) & 20 kb(signature) by using crop and then resize option (Please see point (i) & (ii) above for the pixel size) in the ‘Image’ menu. Similar options are available in other photo editor also.
– If the file ‘size and format are not’as prescribed, an^ error message will be displayed.
– While filling in the Onlina Applicatiorv Form’the candidate will be provided with a link tQ upload ; his/her photograph and signature. •
Procedure for Uploading the Photograph and Signature –
– There will be two separate links for uploading Photograph and Signature.
– Click on the respective link “Upload Photograph / Signature”.
– Browse and Select the location where the Scanned Photograph / Signature file has been saved.
– Select the-file by clicking on if.
– Click the ‘Open/Upload’ button.
Your Online Application will not be registered unless you upload your photograph and signature as specified.,
In case the face in the photograph or signature is unclear the candidate’s application may be rejected. After, uploading the photograph’/ Signature in the online application form candidates should check that the images are clear and have been uploaded correctly. In case the photograph or signature is not prominently visible, the candidate may edit his / her application and re-upload his/ her photograph or signature, prior to submitting the form.
After registering online candidates are advised to take a printout of their system generated online application forms.
Physical copy of the Application need not be sent to Bank.
Vital dates :
(i) Online Registration & payment of fees : 19.1.17 to 27.1.17.
(ii) Online Test – Tentatively in Feb. 17.
For queries contact: Toll Free Customer Care Number 1800 843 1800 (Toll Free India).
For all further details consult the full text of the Advt. from’website before applying*